Terms & Conditions
Please read this page carefully before using this site or placing an order. Using this site/placing an order will be taken as confirmation of your understanding of and agreement to the following conditions:
www.katanart.com is the domain name (website) operated by Frederique Anne Bailey Ltd. and trading as KATAN. This website is only available for the browsing use of the general public and for the acquisition of the goods displayed therein. In viewing and accessing this website, the user acknowledges that he/she does so at their own risk and neither KATAN, their owners, partners, employees, servants or agents shall be liable for any claim, damages or loss whatsoever which may arise in connection with the use of this website. KATAN endeavour to ensure that the information and material on this website is, and remains accurate. No representation or warranty, express or implied, is made or given, by KATAN, their domain owners, hosts or agents, about the accuracy or suitability of the information or material for a particular purpose.
Returns & Refunds:
- Any item, with the exception of earrings (see point 6 below) may be returned for a full refund within 14 days of purchase.
- Returns will ONLY be accepted by prior agreement. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and KATAN will issue a returns reference. You must include a copy of the original packing slip and write the returns reference on it – failure to do so may cause a delay in processing your refund.
- Goods must be unworn and returned in their original packaging. Goods that have been worn or tampered with will NOT be refunded.
- Return postage costs will be at the buyer’s expense.
- KATAN cannot be held liable for returned items that get damaged in transit or do not reach them (even if you have a ‘Certificate of Posting’), and no refund will be issued in such an event. For your own protection please use a postal service that includes insurance for loss/damage.
- Earrings cannot be returned for reasons of hygiene.
- Your money will be refunded within 5 working days of the goods being received by KATAN. The above are in addition to and do not affect your statutory rights. Please do not return items unless you have emailed email@example.com and received a returns reference, as this may prevent or cause a delay in processing your replacement/refund.
- Please report goods damaged in transit within 48 hours of delivery, and faulty goods within 7 days of receipt, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org giving full details of the problem.
- KATAN will respond by e-mail advising whether the item can be replaced or simply refunded, and issue a returns reference. You must include a copy of the original packing slip with the returning item and write the returns reference on it – failure to do so may cause a delay in processing your replacement/refund. Please remember to state your preference for replacement or refund if you have been given that option.
- In order for KATAN to refund or replace a faulty item in the event of it not being received by them, validated proof of posting will be required. (A ‘Certificate of Posting’ can be obtained free of charge at any Post Office).
- Refunds will be issued within 5 working days of the goods being received by KATAN.
- All items are quality checked before being despatched. Items that have been deliberately tampered with or misused will NOT be refunded. The above are in addition to and do not affect your statutory rights. Please do not return items unless you have emailed email@example.com and received a returns reference, as this may prevent or cause a delay in processing your replacement/refund.
Notice On Handmade Goods: most items we sell are handmade and each item is made to the highest standards and all goods are quality checked before being despatched. However, please bear in mind that part of the character of a handmade product is that it isn’t necessarily flawless, as it is not uniformly mass-produced by machines. Natural materials can contain inherent imperfections, which cannot justify being returned as faulty.
Payment Methods & Security:
Our ‘Checkout’ facilities are provided by PayPal, allowing you to pay for your goods safely and easily using a credit/debit card or your PayPal account. PayPal is the world’s largest internet payments organisation; globally trusted, they allow you to pay for goods on the internet without exposing your credit/debit card or bank account details to individual online merchants. When making a payment through our website your financial information is not made available to KATAN, so payment details can never be stored by us. You do not need a PayPal account to shop with us – use your credit or debit card and PayPal will simply facilitate the transaction.
In the event that a web-order is placed for an item that is out of stock, we will contact you as soon as possible to advise when we anticipate having the item back in stock. If the item won’t be available within 10 days from the original order date we will offer you the opportunity to choose an alternative item or request a refund.